I’m down with a cold and as I sit here, my toddler is rubbing food into his hair… and I am letting him.
The temperatures have dropped considerably, so this weekend I’ll be lying low with a couple of magazines to read (I haven’t bought any in the longest time), and generally hunkering down— I may even make some vegan banana loaf!
I’m not a fan of the cold, but I do love layering up (a necessity in windy Wellington) with a big wool coat, woolen gloves and (now) a beanie with a pompom that is bigger than my head—the one I now own makes me feel double-headed: my purchase possibly a result of momentary brain freeze (or something along those lines), because I tell you, it was cold at the time and short of buying a mountaineering balaclava it was the most suitable option I could find.
But alas, spring is only 6-weeks away (hard to believe I know). So as I imagine flowers blooming and envy those who are have escaped the winter chill for warmer destinations, I’ll leave you with some links (below) to some blog posts curated by the cool peeps at U.S-based website: Independent Fashion Bloggers. With around 60,000 members, each week they select their favourite top 20 posts from blogs around the world in their round of Links a’ la Mode— This week Sly On The Wall features for this story about New Zealand label Kowtow’s SS14 collection (dropping soon!). Thanks IFB!
P.S One of my favourite blogs which has also been included in the list below, is the ever so stylish menswear blog: ‘Attire Club‘ by the lovely Fraquoh and Franchomme.
Links a la Mode: July 17th
- Anonymous Beauty Blogger: 5 Unwritten Rules of Blogging
- Attire Club: How to Buy Smartphone and Tablet Cases for Men
- Buy Any Means Necessary: 5 Must-Have Apps for Fashionistas
- Craft with Cheese: 2 Easy DIY Ankle Chains
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: Zuhair Murhad Resort 15: Desert Princesses
- DressCode:HighFashion: Atelier Swarovski & Viktor & Rolf
- Fashion Moriarty: The Silent Protest of Apparel
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of the Jelly Shoe
- Ms.Fabulous: Remembering Eileen Ford
- Petite Fille Modele: 5 Tips for Photographing Products
- The B Team: How to Make an Ugly Dress into a Cute One
- The Daily Luxe: How to Rock an Off-The Shoulder Look
- The Rivaux: Where to Start When Starting a Fashion Book Collection
- The Stilettosaurus: On Writing: In Conversation with Devapriya Roy
- Trend Survivor: 7 Rules for Wearing All White
- Sly on The Wall: Kowtows Play on Light
- Storybook Apothecary: Punk Rock Bad Girl Style
- Style Sizzle: Pregnancy and the “F” Word
- We Are Ready Made: Fire Walks With Kenzo
- Wild Beauty: Permanent Hair Removal At Home?
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
- Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this pag